Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Library Books

"Make thy books thy companions. Let thy cases and shelves be thy pleasure grounds and gardens."
-Judah ibn-Tibbon (12th century)

Libraries rock. You can get a book for free! I mean come on, how is that not awesome? Libraries are good for school work, but there are also awesome books to read. The most recent books I checked out are called "The Book of Everything" by Guus Kuijer and "Frannie in Pieces" by Delia Ephron.
"The Book of Everything" is about a sad boy growing up in Amsterdam. His family is falling apart and all he has are his private thoughts. It's really touching and made me think about my relation to my family. Recommended for girls and boys age 12 and up.
"Frannie in Pieces" is incredible. Incredibly confusing that is. Ephron repeats like three chapters. Except the second time they make sense. It is creepy because it talks a lot about dead people. But I really liked it and would read it again. Recommended for girls age 12-18.
Thats all for this post guys! The next post will be about choosing a good book.

Keep Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment