Saturday, October 31, 2009

Choose Your Own Books

"Anyone who says they only have one life to live, must not know how to read a book."
-Author Unknown

This is one of the best quotes I have ever read. Why? Well because it is really true. Think about it. Every time you open a book, you enter another world. Whether it be sword-fighting, taming a wild boar, or reading about a teenage girl, you are put into a completely different place. I guess that's why I love books so much. Now, being in a different world is easy, if you are in a choose-your-own book. For those who didn't know, choose-your-own books are books where you flip to a different page and continue the story how you want to. For example, you are reading a book and a girl crashes her car. You can turn to page 100 to have her call 911, or you can turn to page 86 to have her lay there and hope someone finds her. I used to really love those kinds of books when I was younger. I had all of the Powerpuff Girls choose-your-own books.

Speaking of choose-your-own, I recently finished a book called "What if Everyone Knew Your Name" by Liz Ruckdeschel. It is the second in the series. I think there are 6 books. It starts out as a girl, Hayley, moving to New Jersey. She was originally from San Francisco, and she loves the city. She hates her new town that nobody knows about. She moves into a huge house, yet gets the smallest bedroom. She hates her room until she learns it looks right over the neighbor's basketball hoop. The neighbor is a cute boy, Reese, and Hayley knows they are meant to be together. The choose-your-own part starts on her way to school. I'm not going to say what it is, but I am going to say be very careful, or you will be very disappointed.

That's all for this post!

Keep reading, and Happy Halloween!

1 comment: