Sunday, November 22, 2009

Some more good books

"I divide all readers into two classes; those who read to remember and those who read to forget."
~William Lyon Phelps

So, today we will talk about some more good books. These books just so happen to be a series. They are great, girly books.
The first one is called "You are SO not invited to my Bat-Mitzvah!" by Fiona Rosenbloom. I absolutely loved it. I read it in a day, and pretty much never put it down thats how awesome it was. It's about a girl, Stacy, who is really nervous about her bat-mitzvah. She wants to have a cool look, have a cool date, and she wants her parents to be cool. Which is hard considering they are separated, her dad is dating a Barbie doll (in the form of a human) and her mom is in a downward spiral. Oh yeah, and her obese 10 year old brother is a genius. And, wait, there's more! Her best friend betrays her. How, you might ask? Well you will just have to read the book and find out. All in all, the story works out. Did I mention there are some great puns?
Now, since I said that the books are a series, I should probably mention the second one. It's called "We are SO crashing your Bar-Mitzvah!". It is about the same girl, but in a new school year. Eighth grade brings bad luck for Stacy. One of her supposed best friends completely changes her look. She lost weight, her hair is beautiful, so naturally the popular crowd adopts her. Stacy has to find a way to get her friend back, which means lying, sneaking around, spending a whole lot of money, and ruining her chances of a boyfriend. Once again, READ THE BOOK YOU WON'T REGRET IT!

That's all for this post, so KEEP READING!

14 comments:

  1. If you liked that, you may like Prince William, Maximilian Minsky and Me, by Holly Jane Rahlens. It also has a back story of bat-mitzvah anxiety, and is loads of fun, besides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd like this book. I love puns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ur as sweet as pie <3 u SWALCAKWS

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG OMMG I LOVE COOKIES...DARN <3 U LOW LOW LOW LOL HE HE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very excited about this book. Good job though Izzy!

    I have a question though.
    Did you read this book in consideration to your bat mitzvah? Did you have any problems with picking who you want to invite to your bat mitzvah?


    Where can I get a copy of this book?
    I love puns! I am very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG What happened to me i took a sip from the mango tango

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sitting next to a puff ball

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lauren-
    I got the books as a present for my bat-mitzvah and read them after. And nope, no problems.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't measure life in the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away.......

    Today is a gift that is why they call it the present........

    Age is but a number life is what to remember.....

    Dance to the song of life.....

    Labels aren't always right...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Labels aren't always right.....ORANGE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the comments...especially the last two :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Blog izzy!
    I dont think i would read this because i am a boy... but i think it is a great explanation for girls, and if i were a girl i would read it!
    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete